Monday, November 2, 2020

Towards a new start

9 years ago I started this blog to pen my thoughts and make it reach larger audience. I believed that my thoughts can be revolutionary, they may inspire many. Back then, earning money through blogs and youtube videos were newer concepts and they definitely inspired me to start my own blog. Little did I realize that a revolution cannot be started with just a few posts. With the poor viewership, I became skeptical about monetary aspects as well. Nevertheless I got busy with my own life and forgot about my writing skills.

After so many years, I took a short break in my life to catch breath. It has been exihilarating to build a life for myself. Marriage, kids, job, home - all took priority and I think it is all good. Now that I get some free time I introspect on what I achieved and what I had left behind. I'm happy with what I have achieved till now. But there's this feeling that still my purpose on this earth is not served yet. I'm still not sure what is my calling. So, I have decided to revive my blog and start writing again. I wish to post regularly, if possible daily. I hope that this writing exercise can bring clarity in my own thoughts. This time I leave behind amateur greed and want to write just for myself. 

In India, we believe to make a start with some sweet. So here is a picture of an Indian sweet, jalebi, which I prepared. This is my favorite sweet. Though I didn't get good shapes, I'm glad that they were crisp and aptly sweet in my second attempt. Yes, I have been learning quite a few recipes recently and jalebi is one of them. Cooking is another hobby where I find solace. I will save the details for another post. :)

Here's to a new start! 




No comments:

Post a Comment