Monday, November 2, 2020

A new hobby

It is time to learn new hobbies. This pandemic has confined us all indoors. And this gives me a perfect reason to try out new skill. Many people ask me how do I manage time with a toddler and an infant. Being a new mom is tough, I have to juggle my tasks all day long. But some hobby helps me to keep my calm. It gives a good mean to channelize my thoughts and a sense of accomplishment when I finish a piece of work. 

Recently I tried my hands on sewing. I know basic stitching by hand as well on sewing machine. This time I pushed myself to go beyond the basics. Here comes my latest masterpiece. 😜😁


As it looks, it is not perfect, the skirt is not even symmetric. But for a beginner,  this looks quite a decent work. I cannot write a tutorial for this flawed skirt, but I can definitely share the tutorial which inspired me:

https://youtu.be/4hNDA5O-0hU

This skirt is made out of clothes that were already available at home. The shiny cloth has been with me for very long, it came with a saaree for making underskirt. This material is little difficult to stitch and needs another cloth underneath to be stitched along with it. I used one of my old dress for the purpose. Matching ribbon was also available (don't remember from where). The top silver belt is stitched from an old shirt. In short, I can easily call it a "best out of waste" project. 

This is my step towards sewing and has taught me so much. I wish to stitch more dresses in future. The best part of this activity was the smile it brought to my daughter. She absolutely loved it. She had wanted long skirt for some time and was happy to get one. 


Mission accomplished. 😄


No comments:

Post a Comment